We host a number of birthdays, kitchen teas, baby showers and intimate garden weddings in our beautiful backyard and always love the festivities of helping you plan your special day and bringing it to life!
We offer an array of delicious sweet & savoury eats personally tailored to the theme, time and occasion of your event, as well as any dietary requirements of your guests. We use seasonal fruits, vegetables, free range chicken and eggs and fresh locally sourced ingredients.
Our menus have vegetarian and vegan options and we try to accommodate most dietary requirements.
For events of ten or more, we offer the following functions menus:
Our lunch menus have been carefully designed for afternoon events.
A generous spread that caters for a variety of dietary requirements Our High Tea offering was created as a hassle-free events solution that allows guests to mix, mingle and arrive and leave in their own time.
Booking for these events is essential and we warn you that our calendar does fill up fast, so please move quickly to secure your date!
For more information, or to book your event, please contact us at
A deposit of R500 is required to secure your booking.
(This will be deducted off your final bill)
We'd love to host you!
- Additional juice jugs may be ordered at R85/litre
- We offer the option to order a cake for your special occasion
- A 'cakeage' fee of R180 will be charged for cake brought in from elsewhere
- You are welcome to bring your own wine/champagne on the day.
- We will provide range bowls, ice and glassware at R30 corkage fee.
- You are welcome to bring in your own decorations.
- We are an eco-conscious venue and therefore ask that no confetti, sequins or plastic straws be brought in.
- Final numbers must be in the Wednesday before. any cancellations after will still be charged for.
- A 15% service fee will be added onto your final bill
Cancellations of bookings:
If cancelled 3 weeks before date, deposit will be refunded
if cancelled 2 weeks before date, 50% of deposit will be refunded
if cancelled a week or less before the date, there will be no refund of deposit.
Wedding Bells at
The Backyard Cafe
"Do you do weddings?!"
We get asked this a lot, but the answer isn't a clean cut 'yes' or 'no'.
We love the festivities that come with planning a wedding and helping our bridal couples create their perfect day. It's not something that we take lightly and our full team is always committed to bringing their dream wedding to life.
With that, we will only take on a wedding if we feel that the vision for the big day is a fit with what we can offer.
Take a look at the info pack below and feel free to email us for a quotation.
(please include your event date, time, estimated number of guests, catering requests and any other event details that you can provide us with that will help us create an accurate quote)